My favorite recipe so far is Nutella buttercream cupcakes.
They are so light and fluffy and are always a hit whenever I make them! And the icing is very easy to make as well.
Fluffy Nutella Buttercream
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In a stand mixer, beat together the butter and powdered sugar on low until well-blended. Add the Nutella and increase the speed to medium. Beat for two minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and salt and whip for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the whipping cream and beat for one minute, until the frosting lightens slighting in both color and texture
Once I made the icing I just used a pastry bag and iced vanilla cupcakes. I haven't tried it on chocolate cupcakes but I'm sure it would taste just as great!