Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Nutella Buttercream Frosting

Baking is one of my favorite things to do but I've never really been into making cupakes until lately.  I've been trying out new recipes from scratch. 

My favorite recipe so far is Nutella buttercream cupcakes.


They are so light and fluffy and are always a hit whenever I make them! And the icing is very easy to make as well.


Fluffy Nutella Buttercream

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 2/3 cup Nutella
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • Pinch kosher salt
  • 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
  1. In a stand mixer, beat together the butter and powdered sugar on low until well-blended.  Add the Nutella and increase the speed to medium.  Beat for two minutes.
  2. Add the vanilla extract and salt and whip for an additional 30 seconds.
  3. Add the whipping cream and beat for one minute, until the frosting lightens slighting in both color and texture

Once I made the icing I just used a pastry bag and iced vanilla cupcakes.  I haven't tried it on chocolate cupcakes but I'm sure it would taste just as great!




2 comments:

  1. Can you really get any better than Nutella? Awesome. As a fellow baker I will be making this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG these sound SOOOO good! I need to invest in some pastry bags because your frosting looks so professional! Mine always looks weird, ha. So glad you linked up with us!

    ReplyDelete