Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Weekend update

I started off Friday dreading the weekend (really who dreads the weekend???!!) mostly because I knew I had so much cleaning and laundry to do and absolutely hate that!

Friday it was so rainy and the weather was horrible. I made plans to see my grad school friend Jenn but was dreading the drive up the parkway. We live about an hour and a half from each other so we were meeting halfway. We grabbed dinner and caught up. I'm glad we are attempting to keep touch. She's really a down to earth person.

I sometimes feel embarrassed seeing my grad school friends though. Like heyyy I still don't have a school counselor job 3 years out of school! But she gave me the best advice ever. "It's just a job and it means nothing." If I'm not working as a counselor it really doesn't matter. We talked about my frustration with the job and she suggested some things and was really supportive. After all, its a little embarrassing realizing at the end of grad school that maybe you chose the wrong profession!

When I got home my husband decided to have some work friends over. They went to happy hour and then came by. I was very surprised since his work friends can be a little flaky. They are still young and are in that going out partying phase so it was nice that they were able to come by and have a few beers with him.

Saturday we were supposed to have our basement windows replaced but the guy had to reschedule so we ran a ton of errands and did laundry. Seems like that's always my weekend ! oh the joys of being an adult!

I decided it would be nice to go on a date just us since we never ever do that. Of course it took me 2 hours to find an outfit!! My husband didn't care though since he was watching the ranger game. We went and grabbed a few drinks and it was nice to dress up for a change!

(I really need to start taking advantage of my tanning package)

Sunday we relaxed and then went to dinner for my grandmothers 90th birthday.
 
 
(at grandma's house)
 



What happened yesterday at the boston marathon was sickening.  What is wrong with the world? I hate having to worry about where I'm going and what may happen.  Especially since my husband is going into the city next weekend for the ranger game and then flying in a couple weeks.


I'm glad the weather looks nice today!! Have a great tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment